29 August 2007

quilting

Yes, this house(hold) has pumped out several quilts in the past few years. Unfortunately, I lost most of the photos on my 'puter during "The Crash of 06". There are photos SOMEwhere of most of the quilts made.... the problem is finding them, and getting them put back onto the computer, and then on this site.

Since that time, not many quilts have been finished. Life has gotten in the way more times than I care to count. Isn't that always the way? So there aren't a lot of quilt photos to share at this time. But..... I'll definitely post pics from time to time, and probably ramble on about quilt stuff as well. One of these days I might also learn to back stuff up on the computer, so if/when the next crash happens, I'll be prepared.

There are a bazillion online quilt shops, sites, etc. My favorite online shop is Dakota Cabin Quilts.
Their fabric is a little more pricey than some sites (and a little less than others). But they have the nicest staff anywhere, and their service is outstanding! Their website is awesome as well. They have a large selection of the Hoffman 1895 batiks (my fav)... all kinds of other fabrics, books, patterns, etc. When you don't know exactly what you want, shoot them an email, and more than likely you'll get a prompt response with all kinds of ideas and fabric selections. They're probably tired of MY emails, but.... they've been incredibly helpful. Only one time were they out of a fabric I ordered, and they called right away to tell me so, and to let me know when they would expect the fabric in. They also send out one of the most interesting weekly newsletters of any quilt shop I've seen. Many stores just include their newest products and sale items in their newsletter. Dakota Cabin Quilts also includes a very interesting slice of life. I definitely recommend checking them out!

No comments: