27 May 2008

Sugar-Free Carrot Cake


Tried this recipe, and it's not too bad! I know a lot of sugar-free recipes either have no taste, or an awful taste, but this one is pretty good! The recipe doesn't include walnuts or raisins, but every carrot cake that I eat - sugar-free or not - has to have those two ingredients, so I threw them into the batter. I didn't provide any measurements for those...add according to your own tastes. Also, if you have a lemon sitting around, add a little lemon zest and just a pinch or so of the juice. I found that this adds a little something. Sprinkle Sweet is, of course, saccharin- which isn't the healthiest. And Splenda (aspartame, a killer) or any of the other sugar substitutes can be used, but I found this recipe as good as any! If you try it, let me know how it turned out!

Sugar-Free Carrot Cake

2 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
2 c. Sprinkle Sweet
1 1/2 c. oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. cinnamon
3 c. grated carrots

Mix dry ingredients. Add oil and eggs. Add carrots. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

ICING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 lg. pkg. instant sugar-free pudding (6 serving size)
1 sm. can crushed pineapple, in own juice (no sugar), very well drained

No comments: